Window Soundproofing to Block Airplane and Train Noise
Living near an airport is convenient when you're traveling but less so when you're relaxing at home. If your sleep or productivity is interrupted each day with the blast of a train horn or roar of a jet, our soundproof glass window inserts can help you restore your peace and productivity. Plus,they also help insulate your windows from drafts, reducing your energy bill.
- Our soundproof glass window inserts mute about 70% to 85% of horn noise.
- The volume ranges from 110 to 152 decibels, often louder than the maximum allowed by city ordinance.
- We block about 50% of the rumble of trains, often 75-85 decibels.
- Trains can cause vibration, which window soundproofing cannot stop.
Squeak of the Wheels
- Soundproof glass window inserts block about 90% of train wheels' noise, often 75 to 125 decibels.
Flight Path Overhead
- Our window soundproofing blocks about 50% of the roar of planes flying overhead because some sound enters through the roof, vents and fireplaces, in addition to windows.
- Planes may also cause vibration, which window soundproofing cannot stop.
Flight Path on the Side
- Window soundproofing blocks about 60-75% of the noise of airplanes flying nearby since most sound enters through the windows.
- Planes can also cause vibration, which window soundproofing can't stop.