CONTACT SUN & SOUND WINDOWS TODAY FOR A FREE QUOTE
Window Soundproofing to Block Airplane and Train Noise
Living near an airport is convenient when you’re traveling but less so when you’re relaxing at home. When airplanes take off, they reach noise levels of 140 decibels, and trains can be just as loud.
Our soundproof window inserts are made of glass, not plastic, so they can block more noise. Their thickness also helps you reduce drafts and decrease your energy bill.
If your sleep or productivity is interrupted each day with the blast of a train horn or roar of a jet, our soundproof glass window inserts can help you restore your peace and productivity. Plus, they also help insulate your windows from drafts, reducing your energy bill.
- Our soundproof glass window inserts mute about 70% to 85% of horn noise.
- The volume ranges from 110 to 152 decibels, often louder than the maximum allowed by city ordinance.
- Trains’ rumble often reaches 75 to 85 decibels.
- We block about 50% of that noise.
- Trains can also cause vibration, which window soundproofing cannot stop.
SQUEAK OF THE WHEELS
- Trains’ wheels can reach noise levels of 75 to 125 decibels.
- Soundproof glass window inserts block about 90% of train wheels’ noise.
FLIGHT PATH OVERHEAD
- Jet flyover noise may reach more than 100 decibels.
- Our window soundproofing blocks about 50% of the roar of planes flying overhead because some sound enters through the roof, vents and fireplaces, in addition to windows.
- Planes may also cause vibration, which window soundproofing cannot stop.
FLIGHT PATH ON THE SIDE
- Window soundproofing blocks about 60-75% of the noise of airplanes flying nearby since most sound enters through the windows.
- Planes can also cause vibration, which window soundproofing can’t stop.
Houston: (281) 223-1010
Austin: (512) 758-6818
Dallas/FTW: (214) 771-9544
Monday-Friday: 8:00 – 6:00
Saturday: 8:00 – 5:00